New Home Connection’s HomeSense Gift Card Sweepstakes
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
NO PURCHASE OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
1. SPONSOR: The Enter to Win Contest (the “Contest”) is sponsored by Retailors Group Inc. 5650 Tomken Road, Unit 14, Mississauga, Ontario, L4W 4P1 (the “Sponsor”).
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is only open to legal residents of Canada, excluding Quebec who are age of majority in their province or territory of residence (the “Entrant”). In the above, eligibility shall be with the exception of employees of the Sponsor, or its parent, related and affiliated companies, subsidiaries, departments or agencies, franchisees, suppliers, partners, advertising and promotional agencies, contest administrators, and any other parties engaged in the development, production or distribution of Contest materials and those living in the same household. By participating in this Contest, entrants acknowledge compliance with, and agree to be bound by, these Contest Rules. Entrants who do not comply with any of these Contest Rules are subject to disqualification by the Sponsor, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Not sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook or Instagram.
3. CONTEST DATES AND TIMES: The Contest begins on January 10th, 2020 at 9:00 a.m. ET and ends on February 28th, 2020 at 11:59 a.m. ET (“Contest End Date”) after which time this Contest will be closed and no further entries shall be accepted. The sole determinant of time for the purpose of receipt of a valid entry will be the Sponsor’s server(s).
4. HOW TO ENTER: NO PURCHASE REQUIRED TO ENTER OR WIN
You can enter this Contest and obtain one (1) Contest entry for doing all of the following:
Visiting the Enter to Win Contest website and filling out the online contest form at: https://newhomeconnection.net/homesense-gift-card-sweepstakes
Limit of one (1) Entry per person during the Contest Period.
All entries must be complete and are subject to verification by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion.
Any attempt or suspected attempt to use robotic, automatic, programmed, or otherwise, illicit means to enter the Contest, or any other methods not authorized by these Contest Rules, for example, but not limited to, creating multiple accounts, multiple e-mail accounts, multiple Twitter or other social media handles, identities, or registrations, all in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, shall be deemed as tampering and may disqualify you from entering, participating and/or winning a prize. Entries that contain false or incomplete information are void. Entries that are late, lost, stolen, illegible, contain false information, are damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled or incomplete, altered or otherwise irregular or that do not conform with or satisfy any or all of the conditions of the Contest Rules are void. No correspondence will be entered into except potential winners. Proof of transmission (screenshots or captures, etc.) does not constitute proof of entry or receipt of an entry into this Contest.
5. CONTEST PRIZES: There is one (1) Grand Prize available to be won. The Grand Prize shall consist of one (1) $250.00 Home Sense gift card. The Grand Prize is valued at $250.00 (CDN).
All winners assume any and all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by entering, participating in this Contest or use or redemption of any prize. All prizes must be accepted as awarded and have no cash value. No prize, or any portion thereof, can be combined with any other discounts, promotions or special offers. The Sponsor reserves the right to substitute an alternate prize of equal or greater value if any prize is unavailable at the time of award.
6. ODDS OF WINNING: The odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entrants to enter this Contest before the Contest End Date.
7. WINNER SELECTION AND CONFIRMATION: Grand Prize winner (the “Winner”) will be chosen by random draw under the supervision of the Sponsor, located at 5650 Tomken Road, Unit 14, Mississauga, Ontario, L4W 4P1 on January 17th, 2020 at 11:00 a.m. ET.
The Winner will be notified by email within five (5) business days following the selection of the Winner. Retailors Group Inc. shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information.
If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 10 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and another potential winner will be chosen by way of random draw.
The potential winners of this Contest will be declared by the Sponsor to be the winners if they meet all of the eligibility criteria set out in these Contest Rules. If any potential winner does not meet all of the Contest eligibility criteria, he/she will be disqualified and will not receive a prize.
Disputes regarding identity of entrant: If the identity of an entrant is disputed, the entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the Authorized Account Holder (the individual assigned to the e-mail account associated with entry. Each entrant may be required to provide proof that he/she is the Authorized Account Holder associated with an entry.
8. SKILL-TESTING QUESTION: Skill-testing question required.
9. RELEASE AND INDEMNIFICATION: The Winner must sign the Sponsor’s Declaration of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release forms to: (i) confirm compliance with the Contest Rules; (ii) agree to accept their prize as awarded; (iii) release, discharge and hold harmless the Sponsor, its departments and agencies, parent, related and affiliated companies, subsidiaries, franchisees, advertising and promotional agencies, counsel, marketing partners, Facebook and each of their respective directors, officers, employees, shareholders, successors, sponsors, partners, licensees, subsidiaries, agents, artists, advisors, assignees, and all others associated with the administration, development and execution of the Contest (the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all manner of action, cause of action, claim or demand, loss or injury, use or misuse of a prize or any travel related thereto, and the use of their entry by the Sponsor, suit, debt, covenant, contract, including legal fees and expenses, whatsoever, including but not limited to, claims based on negligence, breach of contract and fundamental breach, failure of any third party contractor or supplier used in connection with any aspect of the Contest to perform or deliver any goods or services, any act of God or any other event beyond the Released Parties’ control, any dissatisfaction of any kind by a winner with any aspect of the Contest or a prize, liability for physical injury, death, or property damage which the entrants, guests, their heirs, successors or assigns have, might have or could have suffered, by reason of or arising out of an entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or in connection with the acceptance and/or exercise by the entrant of a prize as awarded; and (iv) indemnify the Released Parties against any loss, damage or expense, including legal fees, that any of the Released Parties may suffer or incur in connection with any claim or demand by any third party, including any 3rd party referred to or depicted in any entry, or as a result of any non-compliance by an entrant with any of the Contest Rules or participation in the Contest and/or in connection with the acceptance and/or exercise by an entrant of a prize and the use of the Entry by Sponsor.
The Sponsor is not responsible for: (i) incorrect or inaccurate entry information which may affect a person’s ability to participate in the Contest or be awarded a prize, including but not limited to human error, technical malfunctions, lost or delayed entries for any reason, mail failures, omission, or any combination thereof, and entries which fail to fully comply with these Contest Rules; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (iii) lost, incomplete, delayed, mutilated or misdirected entries or Winner Release; (iv) injury or damage to the entrant’s computer or to any other individual’s computer related to or resulting from participating in, or downloading any material regarding the Contest or accepting a prize; (v) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of a prize, including any travel related thereto and the use of their entry by Sponsor; (vi) the security or privacy of information transmitted via computer networks or for breaches of privacy due to interference by third party computer “hackers” or otherwise; or (vii) late, lost, misdirected or unsuccessful efforts to notify a potential winner.
10. OTHER CONDITIONS: The Sponsor reserves the right to terminate or amend this Contest at any time and in any way, without prior notice. Without limiting the foregoing, if, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned for any reason, the Sponsor reserves the right to cancel the Contest and conduct a random draw from all previously received eligible entries received by the Contest End Date and to substitute prizes of equal or greater value.
Publicity and entrant information: By participating in the Contest, entrants consent to the use of their full name, city, province, e-mail address, postal code, telephone number, social media handles, comments, image and photograph, whether on videotape, photograph or any other means, and their entries, as may be edited, modified or translated in any way in the Sponsor’s sole discretion for the administration of this Contest or any publicity carried out by the Sponsor or any of its marketing partners without further notice or compensation.
Law: This Contest is void where prohibited by law and subject to all applicable Canadian federal, provincial, municipal and local laws. This Contest shall be governed exclusively by the laws of the province of Ontario, including all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Contest Rules, rights and obligations between entrants and the Sponsor, and procedural provisions, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. Any dispute shall be adjudicated by the courts sitting in Toronto, Ontario.
Rule amendments: The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion to amend or modify these Contest Rules, or modify, cancel or suspend this Contest, without prior notice for any reason whatsoever, including without limitation in the event that any cause beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor corrupts, or threatens to corrupt, the security or proper administration of the Contest.
Intellectual Property: All intellectual property, including but not limited to trademarks, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, images, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Sponsor. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or other intellectual property without the express written consent of the Sponsor is strictly prohibited.
© Retailors Group Inc. 2019. All Rights Reserved.